The Power of Us Product Donation and Discount Program is country specific. The Salesforce Foundation reserves the right to offer the discount only, or donation and discount, to organizations based on their country, eligibility and type of entity.
Countries in which the program is active
The program is open to the majority of countries with some exceptions.
- Not eligible: Cuba, Syria, Iran, Sudan and North Korea
- Denmark and Spain are currently open to our discount program but not the donation.
- Russia is open to our donation program but not additional discounted licenses.
The above information may also be relevant to other countries not listed where we do not have the legal and tax framework in place to enable a discount or donation.
All organizations must attach a copy of your Tax/VAT number at time of sign-up.
My country is not on the list, can I still apply?
Yes, some countries may not yet be part of the program but may be eligible. In our experience having resources to hand is vital for your success.
Having all or at least one of the following in place is essential to your successful deployment of Salesforce:
- Salesforce community of users (Nonprofit User Groups)
- Certified partners to deliver training and support
Once we have enough applicants and resources we can ensure recipients of Salesforce are successful.
To be eligible to apply for the Discount and Donation Program, your organizations must be recognize as a charitable, nonprofit, or nongovernmental organizations in the country where you are located.
If you have specific questions about your eligibility or the program, please send us a message. Please ensure your question is not already answered on one of our pages.
Organizations that meet the following criteria may apply:
- Your primary purpose is charitable, educational, and/or a social benefiting organization
- Your primary purpose is non-political. (No more than 20% of your total annual expenditures may be spent on lobbying or other political activities, and the Limited Free Service may not be used to support any such activities.)
- You are not primarily a trade or sector association. (Trade or sector associations serving exclusively charitable, nonprofit organizations may be eligible.)
- You do not invidiously discriminate on the basis of race, ethnic or national origin, religious affiliation, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, physical appearance, language, educational background or veteran status.
- Your primary purpose is not the promotion of an athletic team, event, tournament or competition, except as a fundraising activity for charitable purposes.
- Your primary purpose is not the promotion of conferences or seminars, unless such conferences or seminars promote nonprofit efficacy and/or charitable activities.
- You are not an individual.
Social Change Organisations
Internationally the Salesforce Foundation offers our discounted product to social businesses, enterprises, Community Interest Companies (UK) and B-Corp entities.
In selected developing markets we will donate our products to support emerging social enterprises.
Discount and/or donation will be determined by the Foundation team once you have submitted your completed online application.
Salesforce Foundation offers Institutes of Higher Education the donation and discounted licensing as long as they are a not-for-profit entity. This is currently open to Europe and Middle East only.
- Governmental entities and organizations
- Healthcare organizations providing for profit patient care and the NHS
Examples of Organization Types Accepted
We will consider applications from (but not exclusive to) the following types of organizations:
- Registered Charity
- Non-Profit organisation NPO
- Non-Governmental organization
- Social Enterprise
- Public Institutes of Higher Education
- Civil Association
- Community Interest Company CIC
- Charitable Trust
- Public Benefit Association
- Religious\Faith Based (non-profit) organisation
- Public Benevolent Institution
- Deductable Gift Recipient (DGR)
- Charitable Fund
- Non-Stock Corporation
- Civil Association
- Simple Association
- Cooperative Societies
- Social Assistance\Benefit organisation
- 認定NPO法人 Authorized Nonprofit Organization
- 特定非営利活動法人 Specified Nonprofit Organization
- 公益社団法人 および 公益財団法人 Public Interest Incorporated Associations and Public Interest Incorporated Foundations
- 特定公益増進法人 Special Public Interest Promotion Corporation
- 社会福祉法人 Social Welfare Corporation
- 宗教法人 Religious Corporation